The Welch household is full of excitement these days. Our beloved Nick is coming to sunny North Carolina at the end of next week for a 10 day visit… and we could not be happier! He is bringing with him his lady love Amber, & stepdaughter Jade- who is aged in between Rikki & Lilly, so it will be an estrogen extravaganza! We were planning an excursion to Washington DC , but it looks like Myrtle Beach , SC may be our destination. Such a hard choice! But…nothing beats warm white sand in between your toes, a cool breeze, and waves rolling in as the Pelicans glide inches above the water. There is a seaside amusement park with roller coasters that look out into the Atlantic, MidEvil Times dinner theatre, and tours of old southern plantations. Sounds like a great memory making experience! We will get to be there for Easter Sunday too.Lilly will love finding eggs hiding on the beach I am sure!
Lilly received all A’s and B’s on her report card, and will get an honor roll award certificate later this week. She is so proud of that accomplishment because she has really been struggling in Math and thought she was going to get a bad grade. She also was “asked out” by a fellow 5th grader named Greyson on Friday. She isn’t allowed to have a boyfriend until she is 14, but for some reason, she went ahead and accepted his offer. BLECH!
Rikki’s grades could be better. She currently has high C’s in her honors civics and geometry. She is always pissed because here, the schools operate on a 7 point system, so that means 93-100 = A, 86-92 = B, 79-85 = C and 72-78 = D, and 71 and under = a big fat F. So, she is sitting at 78 and 77 in those classes at present, and none to happy about it. But, she needs to study – I was going to say harder, but the kid doesn’t study at all. She gets these grades really with minimal effort, so I know that if she actually studied, she’d be killing it!
Soon I will need to go shop for them, because Lilly is so tall and looks me straight in the eye, and Rikki is hard on her jeans, although she is not getting any bigger, they all have holes in them, and we have no local Nana to mend them!
I also am in need of a little shopping, because my pants are all falling off of me, but I don’t want to get new stuff now, and then again in 2 months, etc.
I guess that leaves Rick shit outta luck! Nothing will be left for him. Poor fella! Lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment