Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Enough talk about NC!

Alrighty then! So, to briefly catch you up: Rick LOVES the weather here & is content, at the moment, with his job.  He gets to sleep until 4 am and considers that getting to sleep in.  He is home every day when the girls get home from school, and sometimes gets to sneak in 9 holes on the golf course too! Other than that (sounding like Grandma Welch) well, he’s just doin’ mighty fine!
Rosey is nuts. I really don’t know where to begin with her. She is doing Yearbook journalism in school, as well as film production, and she really loves what she is learning in those classes. Outside of school, she is still playing violin, & running track participating in sprinting and high-jump. This has become a bit complicated lately. For those of you who do not know, she was just diagnosed with mild Emphysema (aka COPD) & mild asthma as a result of exposure to second hand smoke as an infant. This has had a very devastating impact on all 4 grandparents, but mine in particular, since they were the source.  So- just giving a shout out here for awareness…secondhand smoke exposure really does cause long term chronic illness in children. This is a condition that has no cure, but with aggressive therapy, her doctor is hoping to improve the quality of her lung function.  With daily medications, she is able to maintain good o2 sats and continue to participate in sports. We are glad that she has a good sense of humor and is taking this in stride. In fact, she said her COPD should qualify her to get a handicapped parking tag for the car! Kids-Oy!
Lilly- keeps us on our toes, and seems to be finding her sense of “balls”, as Rikki would say, for lack of a better term. What do you call it anyway when a girl is considered “ballsy”? Her ovaries have matured? Her eggs have released? She got her fallopian tubes? What is it?  All I know is when Rikki is talking about a boy standing up to someone, or for himself or what-not, she says his “balls have dropped”. LOL. Lady like aren’t they? Well, little miss has been expressing her opinion in a less-than-polite way lately, & has almost lost her bedroom door a time or two because of it! She has also reached a spot where she must have bangs and begs for colored streaks in her hair. I did that for her once in the 3rd grade and she won’t let it go! Lilly is still playing guitar, and writing her own tunes for it. She says she is looking for a drummer and vocalist for a garage band.  She even told me that she was ready for me to “book her gigs” at local restaurants so she can play her guitar for tips! This kid, I swear it! She did play for a sold-out talent show crowd of 450 people, the Johnny Cash song “I walk the line”, and was great!  She was nervous, but pushed through it & we are so proud! The town mayor was even the MC, so it was a big deal here in our modest little town.
As for me…well, I am trying to keep my feet planted in one spot, which is hard for me because I thrive on change & love to travel. I’m trying to focus my attentions on writing this book I’ve been working on for a few months, but can’t get to sit long enough to create anything substantial…that, and I am overly critical of my work and tend to edit, edit, edit! Also, I have been browsing some Masters programs, but we’ll see. Nothing serious yet.  I’m still on the weight loss roller coaster, but never giving up.  Anyhow, since I could have written 5 chapters of my book by now, I will bid you adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment